Skip to main content

Tweaked Quaker Oatmeal Cookies

   You can find this recipe on the bottom of a Quaker oat lid.  It's delicious, of course, but with a few changes you can make it even better.  

YOU'LL NEED

-14 tablespoons of softened butter (almost two sticks)

-3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar

-1/2 cup granulated sugar

-2 eggs

-1/2 teaspoon almond extract

-1 1/2 cup flour

-1 teaspoon baking soda

-1 teaspoon cinnamon

-1/2 teaspoon salt

-3 cups oats, uncooked

-1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips


1. Heat oven to 350ºF.  In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.

2. Add eggs and vanilla.  Beat well.

3. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.  Then add it to the other ingredients.  Mix well.

4. Add oats and mini chocolate chips, mix well.

5. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto uncreased cookie sheets.  Bake 8-10 minutes until light golden brown.  Let them cool 1 minute on cookie sheets before removing them to a wire rack.  Cool completely.  Store tightly covered.

                                       Makes about 4 dozen


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie FAIL

4/29/18 Okay, so yesterday I tried to make PB cookies.  We were short on flour, so I thought it was a lovely little quirk that the recipe didn't call for flour.  Looking back on it, that should have made me deeply suspicious, especially since the title of the recipe wasn't "Flourless PB Cookies."  It was probably a typo to leave that out.  Sooo... anyways we stuck it in the oven for the called-for amount of time and it ended up looking like this- So as you can tell, this fun little plan didn't work out so well.  When I put it in the oven, instead of solidifying into cookies, the batter sort of all melted together into one big lump in the pan.  Then it started bubbling, which is really random for cookies.  When we took it out, it had made a sort of greasy, soft, wet brittle, I guess you could call it, but it wasn't brittle.  It wasn't bad though!!  If you ever want to make a peanut-buttery apple dip with a very strange texture, or w...

My Best Photographs

Okay, I'm not pretending I'm an amazing photographer. My lighting is often off.  My backgrounds are not the best.  My subjects are sometimes boring.  You know.  I could go on and on about what's wrong with my photos, but once in a while everything just falls into place.  Presenting my best photos so far- Nature's Babies I caught these gorgeous captures of plants in my yard at the perfect time of day, it seems.  I love the colors in them.  Like babies, they are beautiful and somewhat pinker than average . These beautiful fall colors show up once a year.      This cute bush of pink flowers blooms in the spring.  They even smell delicious! Yes, these are weeds that grow at the base of our tree, but they're beautiful weeds. Purple Mountain Majesty After catching this on a long hike in sunny California, I started to really grasp what the iconic line means.  Look at that sky!  I loved ...